There could be a lot of factors to consider upon deciding where to go and what to do for a family vacation. That is why vacation ideas is here to help you. But some of you might have already some ideas and plans right now, right? That is the reason you are browsing on this site right now, gather more ideas. The more we are prepared for a trip, the more we will enjoy and fewer spending.
There will be several ideas to consider like, cruising, beach or resorts, camping, traveling, cooking vacation and more.
There are lots of ways you can save for booking a family cruise vacation. And we have to grab whatever aspects of savings and deals we can get. Here are some tips that might help you:
- Search for a departure port closest to your location. It will save your time and mostly your travel expenses to fly to your joining port. If you live in Atlanta, consider Fort Lauderdale or Miami. A driving distance to your joining port would be a nice start for a cheap great family vacation.
- Consider booking early. Summer, holidays and long weekends might be a peak season so if possible, try not to book on those times. Have flexible dates so you can have more chances of availing cheaper options. It is great to spend vacation during off school but it will be a little pricey.
- Some Cruise company offer kids sail, if you got kids, this is a great way to lessen expenses. There are offers like 12 years old below is free when shared cabin with parents. Others like 3rd or 4th person on discounted rate within a cabin. You might want to consider these offers as well.
- Once you have booked, you can ask for some packages they offer on board. Example of packages they offer on board are drink all you can soda, for soda lovers, drink all you can cocktails and shots, for those who really wants to enjoy their time, and you may inquire if you are allowed to bring your own drink, which depends on the ports and company, I guess. Also, there are package tours that you may avail, rather than individual pricing.
The Best Cruise Ships for Kids
It is still a struggle to find ships’ that were kid friendly in spite of the great strides made by cruise lines in accommodating children on board. Ships are competing depending on their activities, kids club, family cabins and child themed environment many ships’ offer and it is gonna be up for you to decide which ships’ best fit for your kids.
The newer the ship, the better the facilities and on board activities. Some ships’ are focused on teens while others are better for infants. Kids activities on board also varies on the ships’ destination. Mostly Alaska and Caribbean destinations are kid friendly. Big ships’ has more room for fun activities such as water parks and slides, bumper cars, surfing, diving simulators and bowling alleys. They probably have more dining options where kids will love.
According to cruise critics, these are the best cruise ships’ for kids. You still know what your family preferences are so you can narrow down your choices from here for a great family vacation.
Royal Caribbean Cruises
Ships – Anthem of the Seas, Harmony of the Seas, Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas
- impressive selection of family activities and entertainment
- four fantastic pools
- 10 hot tubs
- 3D theater
- rock climbing walls
- ice-skating rink
- two Flowrider surf simulators
- zip line
- kids by ages programs
- in cabin babysitting
- more than two dozen dining options
- excellent Broadway style shows
- and so much more.
Norwegian Cruise Line
Ships – Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Epic
- separate activities for kids of different ages
- karaoke and video games
- jungle gym
- cool interactive light-up dance floor
- high tech games
- circus school
- air hockey
- teens-only night club
- late night babysitting
- child care
- rock climbing and rappelling walls
- climbing cages
- six bowling lanes
- water parks
- 303 foot long corkscrew tube and the drainpipe, a 104-foot tube that empties into a giant funnel (Epic)
- five multistory water slides, as well as the Plank, an 8-foot walk that extends off the edge of the ship out over the sea (Breakaway and Getaway)
- 2 main pools, including separate kids pool
Carnival Cruise Line
Ships – Carnival Vista, Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic
- separate clubs for different ages
- two outdoor pools and sports square (Vista)
- multistory IMAX theater (Vista)
- largest sea water parks
- regular dance and pool parties
- special teens only shore excursions
- PlayStation and X box consoles
- Waterworks – aqua park with variety of water slides, sprayers, soakers and even a dump bucket
- mini golf course
- basketball court
- Foosball tables
- Skyride cycling attraction (Vista)
- a 22-foot jumbo screen seaside theater
Disney Cruise Line
Ships – Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Magic
- ideal for families with kids ages 4 to 11
- themed play areas – Andy’s Room (from Toy Story)
- “Monster” themed (Fantasy)
- Marvel’s Aengers Academy (Magic)
- Oceaneer Lab has animator’s studio and mini sound studio
- Magic Playfloors where kids use their feet to pay (Dream and Fantasy)
- nursery available
- Mickey’s Pool, Donald’s Pool
- AquaDuck water slide
- Walt Disney Theater
- Buena Vista Theater
- D Lounge
- Castaway Cay – Disney’s private Bahamian Island
- “Pirates of the Caribbean” deck party with fireworks
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – children transformed into princesses, pirates, knights and sea captains
Ships – Regal Princess. Royal Princess, Ruby Princess, Crown Princess and Emerald Princess
- two large pools (Ruby, Crown, Emerald)
- splash pool for kids
- jungle gym
- teens-only hot tub
- Movies Under the Stars – poolside 300 square foot screen theater
- Jr. Chef@Sea Program
I hope you are feeling so excited now.
Kid Friendly Beach Resorts
At beach resorts, family enjoy simple pleasures like building sandcastles, searching for seashells and maybe play tag by sea shores. Some beach resort excitement includes, windsurfing, kayaking, banana boat riding and other water sports.
Some resorts also offer golf, tennis, volleyball, spas and restaurants where you can enjoy seaside views.
Here are the top 8 best family beach resorts according to family vacation critic.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
This resort is located 45 minutes from Jacksonville, Florida. It has 3.5 miles of beach and offers seaside fun for all ages. Crabbing, shark tooth hunts and kayaking are available. Kids will learn science and discover nature. Teens can spend their time with water sports, mini golf, air hockey, Foosball and can explore the resort by biking. Family villas are great for your stay.
Pink Shell Beach Resort & Marina
Located at Fort Myers Beach, Florida, this beach is very famous for shelling. Families will enjoy kayaking, sailing and paddle biking which kids will surely be excited to ride in. There are daily activities for kids and teens including Octopool activity pool, sand art, ice cream sundaes station, arts and crafts and more. Villas has ocean views and includes a complimentary breakfast.
A Waldorf Astoria Resort in Maui, Hawaii is a luxurious and family friendly 50,000 square foot spa for adults and 25,00 plus square foot Wailea Canyon Activity Pool for kids. At the beach you can do sand castle building, snorkeling and kayaking. Resort activities includes making leis, torch ceremonies luaus and more. There are seven dining options including an open air restaurant offering Hawaiian and Polynesian inspired dishes. Spacious guestroom with mini-fridges, flat screen TV and private lanais.
Club Med Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Kids are taught how t juggle, ride a unicycle, walk a tightrope, swing on trapeze and learn magic tricks. Other supervised children’s program includes native dances and music. While kids are having fun, adults can enjoy coconut tree lined beach, sailing, snorkeling, windsurfing and fitness classes.
Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas
Atlantis isn’t that cheap, but considering it has a mind blowing water park and aquarium, what you pay for the room will start to look a bit more reasonable. IN the resorts underwater tunnels and an open air lagoon, there are more than 50,000 sea creatures from more than 250 species, a number that compares to U.S. grand aquariums and costs couple of hundred of dollars for entrance. There are more thrilling attractions for kids and smaller children.
Disney’s Vero Beach Resort, Florida
Two hours from Orlando theme parks, Disney offers a family experience that’s easier on your feet and wallet. You do not need to be a member of the Disney Vacation Club line to stay here, they have special prices for nonmembers. Free Activities includes singalongs, campfire with s’mores, family beach walks with a nature expert, craft hour especially for toddlers and a birthday party with cupcakes, games and pinata. There are kids programs with minimal fees, surely they will enjoy.
Beaches Negril Resort & Spa, Jamaica
Negrill Beaches is one of the best beach on the island. It provides parents and kids an amazing vacation. Babies can be taken care of professionally trained babysitters with a nursery setting of Sesame Street themed activities like Dance Class with Zoe and story time with Elmo. More activities like shelling, face painting and magic shows. While teens and adults can enjoy kayaking, windsurfing and tennis. Meals, most activities and kids club are all included in the price so it is really worth it.
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort, South Carolina
Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort is located only 5 hours from Walt Disney World Resort. This elegant, relaxing home-away-from-home fashioned after a 1940s hunting and fishing lodge combines local charm and simple pleasures with outdoor fun for the entire family. The resort features multi-roomed villas and many recreational activities, including 12 miles of beaches. It features a water slide at big dipper 72,000 gallon heated pool and spa and Little Dipper Pool for kids. Hilton Head island is internationally known for its world-class golf courses and coastal beauty.
Cooking Vacations for Adults and Kids
With the popular cooking competitions like Chopped, Hell’s Kitchen, MasterChef and more on TV show, people are getting excited on cooking vacations.
There are several travel agents are now offering cooking vacation destinations. Whether you are solo, couple or the whole family, there are lots of options that will suite you.
Generations Riviera Maya
Located in Carretera Cancun, Mexico, Generations Riviera Maya is one of the best destination for a cooking vacation. They have this Little Chefs Program called Little Ecko Chefs. The program provides kids to make pasta, ice cream, tortillas and tamales. They also learn the art of ice shaving and sushi rolling and are given a certificate after the programs.
El Conguistador Resort
El Conquistador Resort is set on a cliff side overlooking the sea on the northeastern tip of Puerto Rico, near El Yunque National Forest, and 4 miles from downtown Fajardo and Las Croabas. Kids are invited to wear chef hats and aprons as they prepare their own pizza. One of the hotel’s chefs will help the youngsters prepare the dough, sauce and cheese before they choose their own toppings.
Princess Cruises Jr. Chef@Sea is a hand of food preparation workshop that is conducted in the ships’ galley with the Pastry Chef. The kids go behind the scenes to learn how to decorate a cake or cupcakes professionally or to make a fruit pizza. The Junior Chefs are given mini toques and aprons to wear. The Pastry Chef demonstrates decorating techniques and then the children get to decorate their own. After they have made their very own design, they will have a picture and then a certificate will be given as a proof of their achievement.
Hope I had just shared informations that will excite you on your next vacation. Leave me some comments. Thank you and enjoy your vacation.